- Union for connecting and extending two pipes
- Female National Pipe Taper (NPT) threads on both ends for connecting two male threaded pipes
- Made from lead-free brass for higher corrosion resistance than steel
- Relative softness of metal enables tighter seals and greater ease in installation
- Meets standard ASTM B-584-06 for lead-free quality assurance
The Merit Brass union is a class 125 lead free brass pipe fitting for connecting and extending two male threaded pipes. The union has three pieces and includes a threaded connection that can be screwed or unscrewed to connect or disconnect pipes more easily than couplings. It has NPT threads on both ends for creating tighter seals than straight threads and is made of lead-free brass which is comparable in strength to stainless steel and more corrosion resistant. This class 125 fitting meets standards ASTM B-584-06 (C89833), ANSI B 1.20.1, and ANSI B 16.15 for quality assurance. Class is a standard relating to tolerance, construction, dimension, and wall thickness, but it is not a direct measurement of maximum working pressure.
Pipe fittings are components used for connecting, terminating, controlling flow, and changing the direction of piping in many different industries. When purchasing pipe fittings, consider the application, as this will affect material type, shape, size and required durability. Fittings are available threaded or unthreaded, in many shapes, styles, sizes, and schedules (pipe wall thickness).
Merit Brass manufactures pipe nipples following ISO 9001 standards for quality assurance. The company, family-owned since 1937 and headquartered in Cleveland, OH, distributes pipe fittings in the United States and Canada.