- All position copper coated welding wire containing a high level of manganese and silicon to produce welds on dirty or rusty steel
- High silicon content provides fluidity of the weld puddle providing smoother bead appearance and minimizing post weld grinding
- Superior wire surface finish for best feed ability and arc performance, increased manganese and silicon provide excellent cleaning action
- Butt and fillet welding of carbon steel sheet and plate in industrial, farm, construction and automotive equipment applications
- Requires CO2 or Argon/CO2 shielding gas (not included)
The Forney 42281 .035 (ER-7OS-6) Mild Steel MIG welding wire is a high strength mild steel MIG wire. Ideal for auto body repair and fabrication on most ferrous metals. Contains a high level of manganese and silicon for a superior weld, even on rusty, dirty steel. Produces a smooth bead which requires less grinding. Not recommended for aluminum engines. Yellow color coding on label. MIG welding wire selection is based primarily on the base metal composition. In general, the finished weld metal should have mechanical properties similar to those of the base material. Forney Industries is one of America's longest operating family-owned metal working product companies. Founded in 1932, Forney offers more than 5,000 products for the hardware, automotive, farm and ranch and do-it-yourself markets. If you've got metal working questions, we've got answers. We're committed to your success regardless of location size or needs. Tensile Strength is 70,000 PSI. Polarity is DCEP Reverse Polarity. Required Shielding Gas is Argon/CO2 mix. Diameter is .035-Inch (.9mm). The Weight is 33-Pound (14.97 Kg). MIG wire has a classification of ER70S-6. The (ER) stands for Electrode or Rod. The (70) means tensile strength, 70,000 PSI. (S) Stands for solid wire and the (-3) or (-6) is the chemical composition and shielding gas required. Forney wire is classified as a -6 wire. This makes it easier to use on less than clean material that may have some rust or dirt. Claims for warranty must be made within 90 days of the date of purchase. Proof of purchase required. This warranty does not cover any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, negligence or accident, or that has been used in any way contrary to the purpose intended.